Monday, December 26, 2011
This Is Church
I was visiting the church I grew up in and enjoying the service when all of a sudden someone`s phone began to ring. This would not have been so bad if quickly the person would have turn it off but this went on for far to long while the man of God was preaching. He humorously said if that aint Jesus turn it off or go outside to answer. But I remember feeling so angry and irritated by this not to mention the person did not go out to answer. Then a baby started to cry because he could not get what he wanted and you talk about annoying, my goodness take him outside! I thought. As I sat there and notice other things as well, I still enjoyed the Word and suddenly a piercing thought hit me, This Is Church and people come because they need to be healed and delieverd and set free and restored and have need of salvation eventhough they are dressed nice and doing there best to act civil. How many times do we go to church seeking perfect people in a perfect service? Now I believe there must be order in the House of God and as well I believe that this has to be base on a real relationship with Him or else what you will have is just religion, ritual, and tradition. A real relationship with the Lord is base on love and when we have it in our heart we can be patient with others and in fact reach out and help them to know him like we do. If we do this the devil wont have so much wiggle room in our services and people can begin to grow and mature in the Lord. Where can you go and here words that can heal you, free you, empower you, refresh and restore you and give you purpose....... This Is Church.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment