Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Picture This

Thinking back when I was young how my brothers and I would be in hall of the house right next to the wall heater. It would be Christmas morning and we would be waiting for my dad to tell us to come on into the living room to get our gifts. Man the excitement we must have had in our eyes as we entered and saw all the gifts under the tree. I cannot remember one time when we were upset to find out what we got; it was always a joy. As we got older we were able to go and get my mom and dad gifts that brought them joy. I remember one time for their anniversary and I forget which one it was but anyway we all went took some pictures me and my brothers. Now this was back in the day and we were all in suits and we all had afros. We gave them this picture and they still have it to this day. Picture this, me with an afro. Now think about this; most of us if not all consider ourselves to be christians and well we should if we have received Jesus the Son of God. But now that we are older (mature) what are we giving Him. What kind of picture do we present to Him and what does He see. Is that joy in His eyes or is He looking at His children suited up on the outside but raggedy on the inside.                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment